TTCA maintains a breeder referral system which not only is of help to breeders looking to place puppies but, more importantly, to help folks looking for puppies to find reliable and responsible breeders who are members of the parent club. In order to assure potential buyers that the breeders who have chosen to be listed (advertise) on the TTCA Breeder Referral List are in compliance with the Breeder Referral health guidelines, we will now be asking those breeders on the list to provide, on an annual basis, verification of their compliance with the minimum basic health criteria of hip and eye clearances on the sires and dams of their litters.
Any TTCA member who wishes to remain on or be added to the TTCA Breeder Referral List, will be
required to be a TTCA member in good standing for the preceding 3 (three) years and will need to submit the following on an annual basis beginning with litters born after September 1, 2005:
- A signed and dated copy of the Breeder Referral Guidelines
- The annual fee for being on the Breeder Referral List (currently $35.00)
- A list of all litters of which they are listed as breeder OR co-breeder which were whelped in theprevious calendar year including:
- Date of each litter whelped with
- Registered name of Sire and Dam
- AKC numbers of Sire and Dam
- OFA hip clearances of Sire and Dam done after the age of two
- CERF clearances (or proof of CERF eligibility) of the Sire and Dam within the previous 12 months
If a breeder had or has a litter with a sire and/or dam that did not meet health clearances (i.e., a foreign sire or dam) then the breeder may submit a letter to the Breeder Referral Committee requesting an
exemption for that particular breeding.. The Breeder Referral Committee will have the flexibility to allow a breeder to remain on the Breeder Referral List if they feel the exception is warranted. If the breeder does not agree with the decision of the Breeder Referral Committee, they may request their exception be presented to, and reviewed by, the TTCA Board of Directors.